Sexual harassment cases are at an all-time high with major cities having some of the highest rates of cases going to court. This may be because we now understand what sexual harassment is more than ever before or the fact that a great Eldessouky Law sexual harassment lawyer in Anaheim can help make a person feel more comfortable and able to report what happened to them.
Regardless of why this is the case one of the worst feelings a woman can have is being trapped by her perpetrator. Here are some steps to take if you are faced with sexual harassment until you can report to your sexual harassment lawyers in Anaheim:
* Communication – Initially you need to communicate with the perpetrator the discomfort and disapproval you have for their actions and words. This will give them a chance to stop, but if it continues you need to take action.
* Keep a record – Record the time, date, location and persons involved in each event. Try to remember exactly what was said, who said it and what actions were taken. This can help if you have to go to court over sexual harassment. This record will help when you report the problem to HR and when you discuss your case with your Los Angeles sexual harassment lawyer.
* Confide- Find someone you can talk to about the situation. It's very lonely fighting a battle by yourself. This person might be able to witness some of the actions if they are aware of the problem.
* Complaint – File a formal complaint with your Human Resources team or the senior members of the company. The record of events you have should help you to present your complaint in a way that will be taken seriously. Many companies will take swift and decisive actions when a complaint has been filed which may include a formal investigation.
* Outside Help – Once you have reported the problem make sure you speak with your sexual harassment lawyers in Los Angeles to begin the process of filing charges as needed. This step may encourage your company to take your complaint seriously if they weren't already doing so.
Sexual harassment is one of the worst forms of discrimination and harassment that can rear its ugly head in the workplace. If you have been the victim of sexual harassment there is no reason to feel powerless at all. Take the steps listed above and make certain your employer knows how serious you are by informing them of your action to retain an attorney. It may take a while, but you can certainly see justice performed on your behalf when you take the right steps against your perpetrator.